Its active ingredient is purified mananoligosaccharides (MOS) and other fibrous carbohydrates from the yeast cell wall of a specially selected strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
Important pathogenic bacteria have an affinity for certain carbohydrates, especially MOS. When mannan is available in the diet, it stimulates the agglutination of these pathogens preventing them from joining the intestinal mucosa, its proliferation and possible damage to the cells responsible for the absorption of nutrients.
Beneficial bacteria such as Bacillus, Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium are able to use carbohydrates in MOS as an energy source. This increases the production of organic acids that hinder the growth of pathogens such as E. coli and Salmonella.
- Contributes to the balance of the intestinal microbiota.
- Promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria.
- Reduces damage to the intestinal mucosa caused by pathogenic bacteria.
- Improves performance in production animals.
- Maintains intestinal health in pets.